The Metafit™ is the original 30 minute, non choreographed, bodyweight only HIIT workout,
It’s tough, thats why it gets results!
“It is a functional and effective, metabolic workout that will change the way you train”
Class price £3.50 – Get in touch with any questions or to book on 07793 195 104
Created by a former Royal Marine Commando, Metafit(combines the latest HIIT training techniques with traditional ‘Old school’ bodyweight exercises to set the metabolism on fire! What is Meta fit ?
- Bodyweight only training system
- 30 minute high intensity class.
- Challenging for all fitness levels.
- A simple and effective tool for fitness professionals.
Why is metafit different?
- Time efficient.
- No kit required.
- Whole body workout.
- No choreography.
- 30 mins.
The Metafit workout aims to…
- Increase your metabolism
- Preserve/increase muscle mass
- Increase fitness
- Burn fat
How do we achieve this?
- Mobility warm up.
- A functional, 3D workout.
- A combination of strength, plyometric and core exercises.
- Incomplete rest periods.
- Periods of maximum exertion.
The Science Part Why do we do this? Work big muscle groups functionally
- To burn more calories in a short space of time.
Deplete glycogen stores
- To create a debt to the body which it has to replenish.
Create a metabolic disturbance
- The metabolism dictates how many calories we can burn.
Resting Metabolic Rate
- RMR accounts for 65-75% of calories burnt.
- The majority of calories stored as body fat are used at rest.
- Increasing your RMR is the best way to increase your fat burning potential.
- After a metafit workout your RMR will remain elevated for a minimum of 24hours.
The role of lean muscle in Resting Metabolic Rate
- 1lb of lean muscle requires 50 calories per day to survive.
- Therefore increasing lean muscle mass increases calorie output and metabolism.
- Humans lose 2-4% of their lean muscle mass every 10years after the age of 25.
- As a result of this loss of muscle the metabolism slows down by 5% every 10years.
How does metafit increase Resting Metabolic Rate?
- Maintaining or increasing lean muscle mass
- Taking advantage of the EPOC effect
EPOC: The after burn effect
- “Excess Post-exercise Oxygen Consumption” is the effect that you get after a workout.
- This effect varies depending on the intensity of the workout.
- High intensity work outs increase EPOC more than any other type of training.
The effect of HIIT on the endocrine system
- Anabolic effect on muscles
- Boosting HGH, testosterone & serotonin; these hormones not only keep you feeling good, but also looking young and vital whilst protecting muscle and bone density.
- Avoid cortisol production & release
- Avoid fat storage and muscle catabolism
- It has been proven that LSD training can negatively alter hormone levels.
THE GOOD NEWS!
30min in the ‘fat burning zone’ =
During : 300kcals
Afterburn: less than 150 kcals
30min HIIT MetaFIT =
Afterburn:up to 500 kcals
*Results from same subject measuring calorie output for 10hrs after workout.